Atkinson Construction, its subsidiaries and its affiliates (hereinafter “Atkinson” or “We” or “Our”). This Notice does not create or form part of any contract for employment or otherwise. You may review our Non-Employee Notice, here.
We respect your privacy. This Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you, including but not limited to information that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.atkn.com or any of Atkinson’s other websites, our affiliate websites, (our "Website"), or elsewhere, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
It does not apply to information collected by any third party (such as third party websites, services, and links through our website) which may have their own security and privacy disclosures.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on any of its features. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please fill out this form or call +1 (888) 826-2461.
Information We Collect
In connection with your employment or potential employment with Atkinson, we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Other personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) such as a name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law such as age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Commercial information such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as other physical patterns, and health, location or exercise data.
- Internet or other similar network activity such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Sensory data such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information (such as current or past job history or performance evaluations).
- Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)) such as education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
- Inferences drawn from personal information such as a profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, this may include forms you complete online or otherwise, or your communications with human resources.
- Indirectly from you. For example, in the course of conducting our business, we may monitor employee activities and our premises and property.
- Automatically through the use of our networks, devices (such as mobile devices) and websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Information collected from third party vendors, including background check vendors, drug testing companies, and recruiting agencies.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
Maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, network, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
Complete testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect about you or that you provide us, including any personal information:
- To consider your candidacy for employment, when applying for a job, and conduct background checks.
- To establish or manage your employment, including to administer pay and benefits, reimburse for expenses, conduct performance reviews, and maintain security of our internet-connected assets and systems.
- To administer any employment benefits or fulfill the terms of your employment.
- To provide you with support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- For marketing purposes.
- To share with our affiliated companies to support our business.
- Support our work (including remote) environment and maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our work environment, systems, website, apps, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your data with us.
- To share with contractors, service providers, and other third parties to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Atkinson's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Atkinson is among the assets transferred.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations, to ensure compliance with any applicable laws, or to conduct internal investigations and reviews as appropriate
- For any other business or lawful purpose reasonably anticipated within the context of our relationship with you
- For other purposes with your consent.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Atkinson, our employees, our clients, or others, consistent with law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information. We may disclose your personal information to a third party for any of our business purposes and the other reasons set forth below. Your information may be disclosed to Atkinson's related companies to support our business.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
Service providers, contractors, and other third parties in connection with our administration of your employment or who otherwise need such information to support Atkinson and our businesses.
Governmental or regulatory authorities as required or permitted by law.
Third parties with whom you direct or permit us to share your personal information, including emergency contacts.
Third parties as part of our employment process such as consumer reporting agencies for employment background checks.
Social networks for marketing purposes (for example, posting of hiring or accomplishment announcements).
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Atkinson has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Commercial information.
- Biometric information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Sensory data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Non-public education information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated Notice on our website and update the Notice’s date modified above. Your continued visitation of this Notice following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which Atkinson collects and uses your information described here your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and are a resident of the State of California, please do not hesitate to:
- Fill out this form
- Call us at +1 (888) 826-2461