A Trusted Partner
Guy F. Atkinson Construction has been building our nation's infrastructure since 1926. Recognized for excellence in constructing highly-engineered and complex projects, we provide sophisticated and innovative heavy civil solutions for clients across the country.
With each project we undertake, exceeding our clients’ expectations is our ultimate goal. Atkinson has built long-lasting relationships with a number of clients. Our record for repeat business is a testament to our ability to consistently surpass our customers’ expectations for quality, cost, and safety.
Atkinson is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clark Construction Group, LLC, one of the nation’s most experienced and respected providers of construction services. Together, Atkinson and Clark provide clients with a comprehensive range of construction services tailored to meet their unique needs.
Strength in Safety
We Lead the Way in Safety
- Core ValuesThe Heart of Our Business
Atkinson's core values are the foundation of our company. They serve as the roadmap for our success and are the benchmark by which we measure our performance.
- SafetyThe Focus of Everything We Do
No project is successful unless it was built safely. Through careful planning, training, and teamwork, we work to ensure that everyone goes home safely, every day, and that our safety record is among the best in the industry.
- InnovationA Key Driver for Our Growth
Our employees are always looking for new and better ways to build. We foster an environment where innovation and creative thinking are encouraged, and continually seek ways to work faster and smarter, and respond to our clients' challenges with ingenuity.
- CollaborationBuilding Lasting Relationships
Our collaborative approach to building creates successful projects and lasting partnerships. Working together, we can achieve extraordinary things.
- IntegrityAchieving Superior Results with the Utmost Professionalism
The way in which we conduct our business is just as important as the projects we build. Our reputation for fairness and honesty has been decades in the making. Simply put, we believe in doing things right, because it’s the right thing to do.
- QualityDelivering the Exceptional, Time and Again
Details matter. Delivering our clients’ vision means understanding that the details are just as critical as the big picture. With every project we undertake, we strive to achieve a standard of excellence that is second to none.
- Social & Environmental ResponsibilityCreating a Long-Lasting Positive Impact
Atkinson strives to make meaningful change and lasting improvements that will benefit our nation for years to come. Our employees care deeply about the communities in which we live, and the environment in which we build. We are committed to making thoughtful decisions, always taking into consideration how our actions will impact the world around us.
Meet the Leadership Team
Atkinson's executive leadership team is comprised of a dynamic group of industry veterans whose commitment to quality, integrity, and client satisfaction is unparalleled. Passionate and principled, our executives set our strategic direction and work together to drive the firm's overall growth and success.
- Generations of Construction Experience1875Born in Freeport, Pennsylvania, Guy F. Atkinson (far right) was destined for the construction industry. His grandfather, John Atkinson, established a masonry contracting business in Pennsylvania in the early 1830s after immigrating from Yorkshire, England. Guy’s father, George W., joined John in the family business. Guy followed suit years later, and the rest is history.
- The Beginning of an Era1926Guy F. Atkinson Construction was founded as a partnership between Guy and his son, George. At the time, the Great Depression spawned the shift toward government-sponsored public works projects. Eager to strengthen the nation’s infrastructure, Guy saw an opportunity to contribute. His company would eventually help build the massive Bonneville and Grand Coulee Dams on the Columbia River in Washington state, and the Hansen dam in California's San Fernando Valley.
- Rebuilding War-Torn Nations1947After the Second World War, Atkinson signed international contracts to rebuild war-torn areas in Europe, including the construction of new bridges, roadways, tunnels, and dams. One such effort, the Grecian Reconstruction Project, featured the reconstruction of five existing airports and construction of five new ones, rebuilding the Gorgopotamus Bridge, and a hot mix asphalt plant near Athens.
- Taking on New Challenges1958In many respects, the growth of Atkinson parallels the growth of the Western United States. Atkinson grew with a succession of new projects, including contracts for hydroelectric work, irrigation and flood control, highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, utilities, industrial plants, and buildings.
- A Global Landmark1967In the early 1960s, Atkinson expanded its operations to South Asia. Serving as the lead contractor in a consortium of eight construction firms, Atkinson built the Mangla Dam located on the Jhelum River in Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. The dam’s components include a reservoir, main embankment, intake embankment, main spillway, emergency spillway, intake structures, five tunnels, and a power station. Constructed between 1961 to 1967, it is the ninth largest dam in the world.
- Signature Span Over Savannah's Seaport1987Atkinson began construction of the new Talmadge Memorial Bridge in Savannah, Georgia. One of Atkinson’s signature projects, the bridge has a vertical clearance of 185 feet at high tide and a horizontal clearance of 1,023 feet with both main piers located on land outside of the Savannah River.
- Becoming a Part of the Clark Companies1998Atkinson becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clark Construction Group, LLC. The combined capabilities of the two firms enables the companies to tackle more complex projects in the civil and commercial building markets.
- Continuing to Build a Strong LegacyTodayAtkinson is one of the most experienced and diverse civil contractors in the United States. The company's portfolio includes major expansions to some of the country's busiest roadways, a host of mining, tunneling, and underground operations, extensive power distribution projects, and some of the world’s largest bridges and dams.
Award Winning Projects
Atkinson has amassed an impressive portfolio of award-winning work. We are honored to be recognized by our partners and peers for our commitment to quality, safety, collaboration, and innovation.
Associated General Contractors of Washington
- I-405 NE 8th Street to SR 520 Braided Ramps (Project of the Year)
- I-5 Skagit River Bridge Emergency Replacement (Project of the Year)
- I-405/SR 518 Concrete Pavement Rehabilitation (Administrative & Environmental Excellence)
- SR 16 Westbound Nalley Valley Interchange (Best Transportation Project)
Design-Build Institute of America
- Intercounty Connector, Contract C (Transportation Award of Merit)
Caltrans Excellence Awards
- I-10/I-110 Metro ExpressLanes (Excellence in Partnering)
- SR-22/I-405/I-605 West County Connector – Western Segment (Partnering Success in Motion)
American Segmental Bridge Institute
- SR 16 Westbound Nalley Valley Interchange (Award of Excellence)
Washington State Department of Transportation
- I-5 – SR 526 to US 2 HOV Lanes (Partnership for Excellence)
- I-405 South Bellevue Widening (Award of Distinction, Community Outreach Program)